In this episode, Jordan Oelrich shares powerful insights on the importance of mindset, how it drives behavior, (including whether you succeed or not as an author) and how to uncover and change the limiting beliefs that may be holding you back from reaching your goals.
Jordan Oelrich’s FREE eBook
Authentic Success: 5 Steps to Doing What you Love and Getting Paid,” offers a framework for envisioning the story of your own success and the obstacles that need to be removed to get there
Rockstar Authors Tool Kit
Free resources for writing, publishing and marketing your book
Bestseller Breakthrough Consultation
If you want to go deeper or get started with your book project.
What’s holding you back?
This episode of Books Open Doors™ is all about transforming fears and self-limiting beliefs into opportunities for redirection. Ellen’s guest, life coach Jordan Oelrich, explains what it means to have Authentic Success and why getting there requires a shift in mindset. Jordan’s recipe emphasizes focusing on, defining, and aligning our unique conceptions of success based on what fills both our bank accounts and our souls. It all starts with a willingness to look at – and rewire – unconscious psychic defaults that do not serve us.
Jordan breaks down step by step a framework for removing psychic roadblocks, replacing them instead with positivity and a 3-D vision of abundance and joy. Learn about the three biggest stumbling blocks to claiming Authentic Success and concrete strategies for change. Jordan shows us how clarity of purpose, an honest inventory of (often self-limiting) beliefs, and a long-term commitment to creating new patterns of thought can reshape our worlds. Want to get out of the weeds and out of your own way? Then this is the gateway for you!
“What I call Authentic Success is really just fulfilling life on your own terms without having to explain it. And 90% of that is an internal game.”
“It’s not rocket science to figure out what are the common denominators keeping people in (negative) situations and, once we get clarity, where people want to go.”
“The reason so many people have a hard time generating the life they want is because they’re using conscious effort to try to override the program and it never works. The subconscious is a 900-pound gorilla.”
“It’s no less a book just because it’s an eBook. The whole thing about a book is that it’s the information in it that you learn and grow from. It doesn’t really matter if it’s an ebook or a book.” (Ellen)
“In the beginning, the ebook was seen as kind of the poor cousin of the book and now it’s gotten to the point where sometimes I see where they’re pricing Kindle books higher than the print books because you can get them right away. Instant gratification? Pay more!” (Ellen)
“Repetition is the mother of skill and certain things are just going to take practice, over and over.”
“We have to be excellent gatekeepers of what we’re allowing into the brain – what kind of conversations we engage in, the kinds of people we hang around with. Because, good or bad, we become the information we take in and the people we surround ourselves with.”
“Getting over being nice is a big deal!” (Ellen)
- Jordan explains how his work has been fueled by his obsession with finding commonality among the mindsets of highly successful people across all sectors.
- Questions that have preoccupied Jordan in deconstructing success mindsets:
- What makes some people get stuck?
- What pulls some people forward?
- What are the driving forces behind what we do?
- Why do some people work so hard only to keep spinning their wheels while others attract the right thing, people and circumstances over and over?
- Why are so many people trapped and suffering?
- The biggest blocks to success? Jordan believes we’re governed by three things:
- Beliefs: The core system/unconscious blueprint we acquire between ages 0-7.
- Perceptual Filters: How we see our external environments (based on beliefs).
- Self-Image: Our default view of ourselves.
- To facilitate change, we have to consciously define what we want.
- Change requires:
- Clarifying fundamental purpose (often through close questioning).
- Identifying limiting beliefs and learning to redirect them.
- Committing to long-term growth and evolution.
- Understanding our beliefs at a deep, systemic, emotional level.
- Jordan highlights the transformational value-add in Ellen’s outside perspective when it came to getting him unstuck in his self-limiting belief that eBooks weren’t “real” books.
- Because beliefs drive behavior, nothing is more important than shifting negative thought patterns when it comes to realizing dreams.
- How to reshape beliefs:
- Facilitating change means getting the change into our bodies, nervous systems and unconscious minds.
- Modalities for making a shift:
- Form a picture or mental movie of what we desire.
- Use repetition (whether in a trance or meditative, slow, suggestible state) to create a new 3-D experience and robust neural pathway.
- Be selective about what we take in and the perceptions we feed.
- Seek out positive information and social influences.
- The first thing to know about judgment is that people who are further ahead of you are never the ones who cut you down. Avoid people who live in negativity.
- Take Note: If you’re with a partner or colleague who consistently cuts you down, those messages will manifest in the unconscious over time, eroding dreams and purpose.
- Jordan flips the script and asks Ellen: What’s the fear holding you back? That she has to be nice or people won’t love her – which means she doesn’t always do what she needs to for herself.
- The parable of the man and the donkey: An object lesson in the cost of people-pleasing.
- Jordan’s Parting Thoughts:
- Spend as much time as you can in the present moment.
- Get clear on what you want and why you want it.
- Live from a place of service.
- Governing Mantra: Everything is going to work out!
- About Ellen:Ellen is a multiple #1 bestselling author, award-winning book and business coach, host of the Books Open Doors Podcast, CEO of Books Open Doors™ Author Services & Grammy-nominated songwriter. She works with creative professional trainers, coaches, founders, and speakers, who want to write a bestseller and 100% of her private clients are #1 bestselling authors. And once they have their book they will be able to use them to make a bigger impact in the world, open doors to unlimited opportunities, make more money and leave a lasting legacy.
- Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors:
WEBSITE | BLOG | LINKEDIN | PODCAST | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | PINTERESTTHANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts, please comment below.
If you got value from it, we’d appreciate it if you share this show on social media!
Also, leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Subscribe on iTunes.Please don’t forget to subscribe, share, rate and review this podcast, past episodes of which are available here.