In this episode of the Books Open Doors Podcast, Adam Bricker shares how to get more readers, more raving fans, more book reviews, more coaching clients, more podcasts and shows, and more speaking engagements with a virtual book tour.
Contact and follow Adam: @LinkedIn
For more information on virtual book tours go here
To contact Ellen go to https://booksopendoors.com
or send an email to email@example.com
Did you know that a virtual tour can increase your book’s marketing exposure10-fold? It’s impressive, true and makes total sense in today’s fluid digital world. And Host Ellen Violette’s guest on this episode of The Books Open Doors® Podcast is at the forefront of this trend. Adam Bricker, CEO at ATOM Connects, explains why going virtual is guaranteed to be the fastest way to reach your audience as well as create fresh and interactive marketing content. As a bonus, his virtual events are perfect for promoting special tie-ins, such as book-themed merchandise or advance sales on signed copies, and staging lively talk show-style conversations. Authors especially appreciate the way Adam’s events bring together a huge number of people without geographic constraint or expensive travel. You’ll hear the backstory on how Adam evolved his specialized digital branding expertise – including an Ultimate Digital Branding Toolbox – and why his sweet spot is launching books with positive, useful messages that make the world a better place. The show wraps with Adam’s Top Tips for authors about to go on the road (virtually or in person) as well as thoughts on all the benefits that accrue to authors who choose to showcase their books online.
“It’s so important for an audience to feel you, to get your energy, especially for an author. You go into a bookstore or on Amazon and there are so many books. How do they pick you? It’s your personality, your energy and how they connect with you.”
“People need connection and I help authors connect with their audience. I help audiences feel into the book, like they’re part of what’s happening.”
“In the marketing world you can sit in the boardroom all you want and design your brand, but the public is going to tell you what your brand is.”
“If you’re an author and you have a chance to be in person and press the flesh live, you should do that. But keep in mind that you’re only going to reach the people in a certain geographical area … (so you should) also have a virtual book tour.”
- Adam encapsulates how he works – and how it mirrors life. Today’s fluid book market demands digitalization and adaptation. Most people are buying books via their phones.
- What virtual tours can offer authors:
- A forum to “meet” readers.
- Talk show-style interviews to showcase an author’s personality.
- Generate advance purchases (with signed editions as an incentive).
- Package and sell special offers.
- Foster online communities through a variety of channels.
- What’s the difference between a virtual launch and a virtual book tour? Very little, except that the latter occurs over a longer period of time.
- Adam shares his journey from radio and television into the realm of virtual/digital book promotion, which grew organically (with a hat tip to a certain woman who motivated him).
- The differentiators for Adam include:
- Genuinely caring about his authors and their books.
- Understanding the customer journey and how to connect them.
- Bringing a diversity of viewpoints through a central point of entry.
- Offering interactivity and robust comments that increase an author’s familiarity and contact with their audience.
- Adam’s Top Tips:
- Get outside your personal frame of reference.
- Be open to other people’s perspectives.
- Do the work (both showing up and offering signed editions).
- Something every author needs to ponder: At most 20% or 30% of people went out to buy books when brick-and-mortar stores were the only option. But 100% of people are walking around with cell phones, able to order a book in a couple of clicks.
- Virtual events may lack the live energy, but people are flocking to them for the convenience, travel savings, and breadth of offerings.
- The beauty of virtual book tours and other online events:
- No maximum capacity.
- Access to unlimited geographies.
- Evergreen recordings for future viewing on social media channels.
- Lines up with e-purchases.
- Adam’s Parting Thought: Love yourself! A lot of people beat themselves up and struggle, but the authors that navigate best are the ones who treat themselves most kindly. They have the most positive impact on others and their own frame of mind.
Ellen is a multiple #1 bestselling author, 3X award-winning book and business coach, including being named one of the Top 20 Book Coaches of 2022 by CoachFoundation, host of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, CEO of Create a Splash/Books Open Doors® Author Services and Grammy-nominated songwriter.
Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors®:
WEBSITE | BLOG | LINKEDIN | PODCAST | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts and comments:
Join us in our Facebook Group!
Share this show on social media!
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Subscribe on iTunes.