In this episode, Colleen Davis shares how to be authentic and strategic with your branding and create your brand essence so that you can play a bigger game and make more money with less work by attracting your idea clients to you with intentional branding!
Ready to write a business book to bring more credibility, bigger impact, more clients and more money?
Then click here to get on the wait list for Ellen’s new “Three-Day Bestseller Workbook.” launching in December!
If you want your branding to be uniquely expressive of who you are, then Ellen Violette’s guest on this episode of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, Collen Davis, offers the heart-centered approach to get you there. Colleen, a visibility strategist, has created discovery tools to ensure her clients pinpoint and express the essence of who they are and the brand they wish to promote. Her Intentional Branding methodology enables entrepreneurs to reflect their brilliance, connect with target audiences and build recognition, credibility and next-level value.
You’ll learn about Colleen’s three pillars for branding clarity: Knowing what your brand is, who your client is and the transformational magic you bring. “It’s all about why people should care about you and your mission and what you’re there to do,” says Colleen, who encourages us to take her 10-question Brand Essence Quiz to identify the archetypes that best apply to the resonant messaging you want to create. Over the past 24 years, Colleen has come to understand that branding is about being seen – and being seen is about being judged, which is why we all need to represent ourselves with precise, flexible and evolving logos and messaging. “If you’re marketing to everyone, you’re reaching no one,” says Colleen. “If you’re marketing to the right person, you’re reaching the right person.”
You’ve published a fascinating book, so your work is done, right? Wrong! This episode of The Books Open Doors® Podcast is
Ready to boost credibility, heighten exposure and open doors? Then you’re ready for The Books Open Doors® treatment. You can book a free consultation with Ellen here.
“My whole goal is to get people out of their box and into their own shining brilliance, and we’re all so different.”
“We are our brand, but our brand isn’t necessarily all of us. It’s really important for your brand to show up in a way that resonates with your clients.”
“You have to always, always put yourself in the headspace and heart space of your client to know what they need.”
“If you’re marketing to everyone, you’re reaching no one. If you’re marketing to the right person, you’re reaching the right person.”
“Everybody needs a brand, but they don’t necessarily need branding.”
“If (your logo) isn’t doing its job, then it’s time to look at it.”
“Branding is about being seen. Being seen means being judged.”
“It’s all about why people should care about you and your mission and what you’re there to do.”
“Different branding experts have different styles … That’s why people really have to check it out and see what vibes with you – see what energetically works for you!” (Ellen)
- Understanding Brand Essence, which grew out of playing with the concept of Carl Jung’s archetypes.
- How Colleen’s six archetypes for heart-centered entrepreneurs turned into seven essences mirroring our chakras
- About what you’ll learn by taking Colleen’s 10-question Brand Essence Quiz.
- Determining your brand essence can be a gateway to establishing things like logo and a roadmap to messaging.
- Three things Colleen believes require absolute clarity:
- Who the brand is.
- Who the client is.
- What’s your transformational magic?
- If you want to improve your reach, you need to speak your clients’ language.
- Ellen reflects on the importance of getting feedback from clients to guide positioning and outcomes.
- Perfectionist Mindset: If you’re still putting your business together, Colleen doesn’t recommend spending a lot on branding up-front. Know your clients first!
- You have a brand whether you know it or not. It’s how people perceive us.
- We’re always evolving, but the goal is to create a visual brand that aligns with your evolving mission. It’s a dynamic process.
- Connecting the Visuals: Know what your client likes in terms of colors or composition, but if your logo isn’t doing its job then you need to look at your overall brand.
- Ways to determine if your visual branding and messaging are off:
- If prospects look bored or disengaged, your brand messaging is probably off.
- If you’re not pulling in the right people online (just getting a lot of sales calls or conversations) then you’re reaching the wrong people.
- Look at your branding every couple of years to ensure you’re bringing the right people; that it feels like you, even if you’ve pivoted.
- Colleen’s Differentiators:
- She speaks both business and “woo-woo” language.
- She’s able to step into and inhabit her clients’ points of view.
- She knows how to help us unearth our most authentic voices.
- She offers group programs for people looking to do some brand brainstorming.
- About Colleen’s Brand Activation Lab, a two-day intensive that delivers:
- A brand manifesto.
- Clarity around your brand essence and how it applies.
- A creative compass to position you with a color palette, fonts, style.
About Ellen Violette
Ellen Violette is a multiple #1 bestselling author, 3X award-winning book and business coach, including being named one of the Top 20 Book Coaches of 2022 by Coach Foundation, host of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, CEO of Create a Splash/Books Open Doors® Author Services and Grammy-nominated songwriter.
Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors®:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts and comments – and if you got value from the show – please, leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Subscribe on iTunes.
You can also support the show by sharing it on social media!
For additional support, tips, networking, promoting and more join us in our Facebook Group too!
Books Open Doors®