in this episode, Rosie Battista shares how creating a card deck can be a great partner to your book, how to come up with a winning concept how to make them, and how to use them both to get more clients and to make more money.
Contact and follow Rosie Battista:
Website: Rosie Battista and Card Deck.
Bestseller Breakthrough Consultation with Ellen Violette
If you want to boost credibility, heighten exposure, and open doors to bigger opportunities,
then you need The Books Open Doors® treatment. Book a free consultation with Ellen here.
Ready to deal some cards? On this episode of Books Open Doors, host, Ellen Violette, shares a novel promotional idea: Card Decks. Her guest, Rosie Battista, explains what these handy little personalized billboards and/or add ons offer, how to create them, and why it’s important to relax into the journey. If you’re having fun, the fun will translate into engaging content that will sell itself! Speaking of selling, card decks are a great adjunct to your book, online course, or even as a visual aid for audience members at a speaking engagement. Rosie explains how she came to carve out this fascinating niche and illustrates with examples of card decks, people she has helped coach from inception through to printing and distribution of their cards. Unusual and visually appealing, your card deck will open up all kinds of new avenues to your target audience and connect you with them by offering a tactile experience totally different than anything they engage with in the digital world. If you’d like to get started with a project of your own, the Queen of Card Decks is offering listeners of this podcast 250 ideas in a free digital download that you can find here.
“Imagine if you as an author took these things that were really important points and created this other product that makes all of that available!”
“I can’t think of a category where people weren’t able to create a card deck. Whatever you want to acknowledge, whatever your content.”
“Your card deck is the jelly to your peanut butter because they go so nicely together.”
“No matter what you’re creating, there’s always a point where you’re stuck.”
“People tend to focus on what they want or are interested in and forget that it’s all about the client, the person who needs your help. You have to put yourself in their shoes. Otherwise, you’re never going to make any money.” (Ellen)
“Making money is what gives you the ability to make an impact.” (Ellen)
“Make it a fun process because that fun and energy you put in really translates to what the reader or user feels. So, enjoy the journey!”
- What’s the point of creating a card deck? It’s your personal billboard and delivery system – a tool to promote your brand and business!
- About the various ways that cards can be deployed:
- As a standalone.
- As the basis of a membership.
- As an alternative to – or augmentation for – a book.
- As a teacher to help access a deeper level of information.
- As an audience companion and visual aid.
- Card Deck content is easier to come by than you might imagine. Rosie has all kinds of ideas for repurposing anything from graphics to a Facebook Livestream.
- Breaking tasks down into actionable, bite-sized cards makes them less overwhelming and more achievable.
- Cultivating Connection: The tactile experience of holding something in your hand is a big differentiator as compared with digital promotional tools.
- Rosie’s “50 Ways to Use Your Card Deck” offers tactics for leveraging cards through tutorial videos as well as reels, mailing individual cards as teasers and creating them as teaching tools.
- About Rosie’s online course and program offerings.
- How to get started on a card deck of your own:
- What problem can you solve for your clients?
- Are there concepts to highlight from a book you’ve written?
- If you think good work alone will sell your product or service, think again. Sales and marketing and – most of all – knowing your audience are key!
- When people purchase cards (or commit in any other way to a program) they are far more likely to actually engage.
- Design Tools: There are digital art programs that enable even the least visually creative of people to generate the images necessary to illustrate card decks.
- Rosie is a conduit to everything from coaching to creation to printing and, where desired, distribution outlets.
- A strategy to consider: Bundling your book with a card deck and a video tutorial.
- Closing Thought: Even when the process feels long or you’re stuck, enjoy the journey! The fun will ultimately come across in the content you generate!
Ellen is a multiple #1 bestselling author, 3X award-winning book and business coach, including being named one of the Top 20 Book Coaches of 2022 by Coach Foundation, host of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, CEO of Create a Splash/Books Open Doors® Author Services and Grammy-nominated songwriter.
Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors®:
WEBSITE | BLOG | LINKEDIN | PODCAST | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts and comments – and if you got value from the show – please, leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Subscribe on iTunes.
You can also support the show by sharing it on social media!
For additional support, tips, networking, promoting and more join us in our Facebook Group too!