If you think you’re niche is saturated and you can’t find a new way to approach your topic, think about the weight-loss industry.
There is a new book on the topic every minute and many of them are #1 bestsellers because too many in the United States are overweight and they want to lose weight. But,not every diet will work for every person and then, of course, there are those who really want a magic pill, which they will never find, but they purchase diet book after diet book.
To give you some idea at how vast the topic is look at these different approaches:
- Dr. Atkinds New Diet Revolution
- The Souht Beach Diet, The Delicious Doctor-Designed, Fool-proof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight-loss
- The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health, Restore your Health by Creating a PH Balance in Your Body
- Enter The Zone, A Dietary Roadmap
- Skinny Bitch, A no=Nonsense, Tough Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabul.So, how do you find a new twist on an established topic?
- Do an ask campaign.
- Do a survey
- Ask your list if you have one
- Read the reviews on books on your topic (especially the bad ones because they will tell you what readers want that they aren’t getting)
- Watch morning television shows-talk shows and news shows for what’s trending
- Look at popular blogs and websites
- Listen to podcasts in your niche
- Follow trends on: Facebook or wherever your tribe hangs out and magazines including offline and online, as well as on tv which was already mentioned.
- Your own experience. This is a great place to start. If you’ve solved a problem you were having in a unique way, then others probably need to learn it too.Be persistent. Sometimes, it just takes time to find the right topic. So, keep digging until you find something that you feel you can sink your teeth into that will benefit your market, and they’ll be excited to learn about.