In Part 2 of this 2-part series, Carol Boston, The Reframe Queen, shares what questions to ask to make more sales and the power of a book, as well as how the wrong questions can change the course of your life, what NOT to say to your kids if you want them to grow up healthy, how to improve your relationships, and more! It’s ALL in the questions you ask and she’ll share exactly what to ask!
Carol Boston will be offering a FREE workshop on
June 7th, 11 am EDT and the second will be June 16th at 3 pm EDT.
I will have the sign-up link on Wednesday, May 25th on this page.
Or reach out to Carol at: firstname.lastname@example.org
From Books Open Doors:
Rockstar Authors Tool Kit
Free resources for writing, publishing and marketing your book
(We are currently updating the Kindle Planner and it will be available next week.)
Bestseller Breakthrough Consultation
If you want to go deeper or get started with your book project.
Are old narratives pre-determining or limiting your career goals?
On this episode of The Books Open Doors™ Podcast, career coach, Carol Boston, The Queen of Reframe, shares how to redirect your thoughts that do not serve you. Her twenty-six years in sales yielded an incredible trove of insights into what it means to connect and actually close a deal – and she is sharing them on this podcast!
This conversation highlights why the ability to connect emotionally with clients is so important and equally why it’s empowering to identify and set boundaries with those who are holding us back. She also shares the tough questions about how we hide from some of our personal challenges – often rooted in traumatic childhood memories. Were you not supported and served? Carol has tools to respond!
Whether you’re in sales or pursuing a career in fashion, marketing, sales or any other discipline, connecting is everything and requires self-knowledge. That’s why what Carol offers is so important to healing old wounds and moving forward with confidence. You have the power! Just take the next step into your entrepreneurial power.
“Oftentimes, we get the results we don’t want because of a lack of personal leadership. We want to blame things outside of us. And as soon as we do that, we give up our power.”
“We don’t always like how we’re being. And we have to ask ourselves, ‘Who am I being in my business today? In my relationship today?’ ”
“(In sales) they aren’t saying no to you. They are saying no to whatever you’re presenting and most often when they say no it’s an indication that you haven’t shown enough value.”
“If you know it’s something outrageous that you’re not going to put in your program, you are still trying to get information. Ask again! Oh my goodness! What curiosity will do for you!”
- The stories we tell ourselves affect our entire lives. Did messages you received from your parents engender your inner workaholic? Are you never perfect enough?
- Reframing Our Childhood: We don’t have to be reactive to negative messages or standards that don’t define us.
- Want to get right with yourself? Ask this question every day: Who am I being behind closed doors, when no one else is watching?
- Challenge your way of being! What are the questions you could be asking, such as:
- What am I not doing to elevate my partner?
- How can I show up authentically?
- We are all selling ourselves every day. Carol is about teaching the art of influence!
- If someone says no to you, whether you’re offering a good or service or advancing a personal/family agenda: go to a place of curiosity!
- When you’re in front of a client, sales depend on understanding what kind of learner they are: auditory or kinesthetic. Learn what your client’s dominant language is and then craft your pitch accordingly!
- If you don’t know what language will penetrate with clients, ask! Don’t be afraid!
- Take the words “should” and “shouldn’t” out of your vocabulary. They are all about making you feel wrong.
Ellen is a multiple #1 bestselling author, 3X award-winning book and business coach, host of the The Books Open Doors® Podcast, CEO of Create a Splash/Books Open Doors® Author Services and Grammy-nominated songwriter. She works with high-achieving trainers, coaches, founders and speakers who want to write, publish, launch a book to #1 bestseller and use their book to RISE to the top of their niche! Her company also offers book marketing support. Her mission is to make the world a better place, one book at a time by helping experts get more credibility, make a bigger impact, open doors to unlimited opportunities, make more money and leave a lasting legacy.
Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors®:
WEBSITE | BLOG | LINKEDIN | PODCAST | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts, please comment below.
If you got value from it, we’d appreciate it if you share this show on social media!
Also, leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Subscribe on iTunes.Please don’t forget to subscribe, share, rate and review this podcast, past episodes of which are available here.