In this episode, Brian K. Baird shares how anyone can make dream connections and/or manifest whatever they want in life. (It’s easier than you think.) He also shares how cultivating authentic relationships can help and how to use DM’s in the process as well as how to avoid creating transactional relationships.
Contact and follow Brian:
With Host Ellen Violette
Ready to boost credibility, heighten exposure and open doors?
Then you’re ready for The Books Open Doors® treatment.
You can book a complimentary Bestseller Breakthrough Consultation with Ellen here
Having a hard time making that dream connection? Maybe you’re holding on too tight. When it comes to achieving our visions, Corporate Performance Strategist Brian Baird is imploring us: Let go! Our dream connections and truest path forward will follow. As he explains to Host Ellen Violette on this episode of The Books Open Doors® Podcast we all too often block ourselves by clinging to control – or the illusion of control.
Brian shares with us the simple foundational steps we can take to ensure a “low-friction journey” to the manifestation of our fondest dreams. Whether we’re conjuring huge life-altering goal or simply reaching out to connect with someone via a DM, the trick is to stay open and authentic. “Use language that is inviting and attractive,” he says. “Not repellant. Not resistant.” It’s a simple formula, but one that often gets lost in the go-go-go hustle we associate with success. Brian advises a reset.
Get synced with the universe and the results will flow as they should. Even when it comes to something as transactional as doing a deal, the basis of connection is authenticity. Go out in service of others and the results will take care of themselves. After all, says Brian: “All sales is an act of love. If you do not show up in that posture – a posture of service with love – you do not deserve the deal, nor should you get the deal.”
“One of the things we can do to reach people who are not in our sphere is just put it out to the universe anyway. Just tell anybody and everybody! … If you don’t put it out there, you don’t know.”
“If you protect yourself, then you’re not out there. You have to have some confidence.”
“When you’re able to let go of all the control of something, things work out anyway.”
“If you can’t have a low-friction journey, then everything is a speed bump and reaching someone in another sphere may be a beyond daunting task.”
“You’re always where you’re supposed to be. Whether it’s supposed to be something you learn or something that makes a contact for you, you’re always where you should be. There should be no lamentation or regret.”
“If you don’t have enough passion, you’re probably not ready. Or it’s not the right thing for you.”
“We’re trying to create language around who you are in terms of who you serve – not what you do.”
“At the end of our journey … what will be the most important thing is what you did with the relationships that were put before you.”
“All sales is an act of love. If you do not show up in that posture – a posture of service with love – you do not deserve the deal, nor should you get the deal.”
“The reason most of us get that icky feeling when someone hits us on Facebook is because we know they’re not interested in us. They’re interested in their outcome. And as soon as that’s the case, the conversation’s over.”
“Use language that is open, inviting and attractive. Not repellant. Not resistant. Not vulgar in the effect it’s giving off.”
- Ask the Universe: If you don’t know how to connect with someone in a completely different sphere or level of influence, put your desire out there. You just never know.
- Brian believes that if we hand the universe faith and trust, the universe will respond as it should.
- Trying hard to control an outcome? Consider letting go instead. If you do, things tend to work out.
- When you lose out or something slips away, Brian believes it’s an invitation to dig deeper and find something better.
- Brian offers tips for fostering a “low friction journey,” including:
- Be ready. You want to be open to it when a manifestation arrives.
- Do the personal and spiritual spade work necessary to be well-positioned.
- Cultivate an enduring trust that the universe will unfold as it should.
- Keep on showing up and doing the work to be the best possible version of yourself.
- Put yourself out there and work on multiple channels.
- Ellen shares a powerful story about envisioning a performance of her Grammy-winning song only to have what happened in her mind’s eye materialize on stage.
- No Lamentation or Regret: Brian urges us always to remember that we are exactly where we’re supposed to be.
- Brian’s ground rules for positioning ourselves to receive:
- Set an intention.
- Ask what you’re doing every day to realize your vision and stay in alignment.
- Work consistently on your craft or the interim craft that may give access to the thing we’re ultimately meant to do.
- It all boils down to how you serve: Yourself as well as others.
- Mastering the art of Direct Messaging:
- Say yes. DMs can yield surprising connections.
- Resist the urge to be transaction-oriented.
- A relationship established now may prove pivotal down the line.
- Show up in an open way, ready to engage in authentic conversation.
- True connections are grounded in seeing and being seen.
- Buying and selling is incidental to the main course, which is building relationships that support love (which supports sales).
- Ellen recaps Brian’s philosophy for cultivating connection:
- Put it out there.
- Have real conversations and build relationships (not contorted DM exchanges)
- People smell the ick! If you’re 100% in it for you, others recognize it immediately.
- Parting Thought: Brian is offering a one-hour Master Mind course, “Infinite Business Results.” at: theeffectiveway.com.
Ellen is a multiple #1 bestselling author, 3X award-winning book and business coach, including being named one of the Top 20 Book Coaches of 2022 by CoachFoundation, host of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, CEO of Create a Splash/Books Open Doors® Author Services and Grammy-nominated songwriter. She works with high-achieving trainers, coaches, founders and speakers who want to write, publish, launch a book to #1 bestseller and use their book to RISE to the top of their niche! Her company also offers book marketing support. Her mission is to make the world a better place, one book at a time by helping experts get more credibility, make a bigger impact, open doors to unlimited opportunities, make more money and leave a lasting legacy.
Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors®:
WEBSITE | BLOG | LINKEDIN | PODCAST | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts and comments:
- Join us in our Facebook Group!
- Share this show on social media!
To help out the show: