Are you an author or speaker with a passion for your message, but a personal image that’s uninspired? Do you struggle to dress for events and photo shoots with the confidence that your appearance conveys your expertise and brand’s personality?
On this episode, Patty shares five easy styling hacks you can use to style yourself for every virtual or in-person event so you feel confident and at your best!
If you prefer to watch the video, watch it here!
Ready to boost credibility, heighten exposure and open doors?
Then you’re ready for The Books Open Doors® treatment.
You can book a free Bestseller Brainstorming Session with Ellen.
Did you know that about 50% of women don’t enjoy shopping? Maybe it’s because they don’t have the right adviser in their corner! Image expert, Patty Buccellato ,stopped by Facebook Live recently to share with Ellen Violette, host of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, five wardrobe hacks that will leave you camera-ready and confident. So, get ready to bust fashion myths and zero in on a style that will boost your success trajectory.
Whether in daily life, at live appearances or on the cover of your forthcoming book, it’s critically important to get the color palette right. Not only that, but you want to wear your clothes – not the other way around. Internationally recognized as a style coach and teacher of wardrobe mastery, Patty distills important do’s and don’ts to help you develop a better sense of what looks best and is most comfortable. Her no-fail advice covers the individual body types, psyches, and circumstances that factor into projecting harmony, competence and charisma. If you’ve ever wished you had a personal image consultant, then you won’t want to miss this opportunity not only to improve your dress and presentation, but to extend your brand and boost your sales!
“Understanding your personal style is not just about how you show up in your business. If you’re going to put yourself on your book cover, you’ve got to look the part.” (Ellen)
“I work with tools rather than rules. Who likes rules? They feel restrictive.” (Patty)
“Our brains move a lot faster than speech, so we’re always looking to fill in that gap and the eyes do a really good job.” (Patty)
“(With loud clothing), the distraction factor prevails over any other brand message that you might be intending to project.” (Patty)
“Make yourself comfortable and let go of expectations of ideals.” (Patty)
- A lot of women (as many as 50%!) don’t enjoy shopping or anything about the process.
- The pros of shopping online:
- A broader, deeper selection as compared with bricks-and-mortar.
- Most retailers have become very forgiving about return fees.
- Style Hack #1: Stick with the solids. In face-to-face conversation we’re able to screen out and contextualize patterns, but on camera they tend to broadcast noise and distraction.
- Style Hack #2: Get the fit right. It’s essential to check in with your body to ensure that your clothes are tailored correctly so that you can project your best, most positive form.
- Style Hack #3: Practice Silent Dressing! For camera-readiness, whether still or video, avoid loud fashions – both literal auditory distractions like noisy jewelry and figurative style elements that are bold, intense and attention sucks.
- Style Hack #4: Make yourself comfortable. Regardless of fashion dictates, it’s important foremost to dress in ways that put you at ease and enable others to feel the same.
- Style Hack #5: Let go! You don’t have to be a fashion plate or make a grand statement with your appearance. Dress in alignment with the message you want to project.
- Tips Specifically for Book Covers:
- Color is important in terms of balance and harmony with the jacket’s overall design.
- Determine and dress to your color palette, right down to teeth and eyes.
- Consider hiring a professional to do your hair and makeup. They know how to flatter your coloring according to camera angle and lighting. It pays huge dividends!
- Select clothes that flatter and are consistent with background colors and brand.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a smile not only as a universal language but as an indicator for perceived competency and credibility.
- Choose lip colors that are harmonious with your clothing palette and temperature, whether cool or warm.
- Check out this website, where you can post photos and get an immediate focus group to rank how they play in terms of influence, accessibility and appeal.
- How Patty works with her private coaching clients:
- #1 – Determines the message they are trying to send.
- #2 – Crafts a brand message that supports that lifestyle and their comfort zone based on the best:
- Color choices
- Color families
- Clothing Choices
Ellen is a multiple #1 bestselling author, 3X award-winning book and business coach, including being named one of the Top 20 Book Coaches of 2022 by Coach Foundation, host of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, CEO of Create a Splash/Books Open Doors® Author Services and Grammy-nominated songwriter.
Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors®:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts and comments:
Join us in our Facebook Group!
Share this show on social media!
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Subscribe on iTunes.