In this interview, video expert, Andrea Stenberg, shares how she buys advertising for a penny a click, how to use reels and stories, how to use short videos to get a massive audience for podcasts and interviews, and how to grow your Facebook group and you business using video!
None of us can afford to be camera shy in today’s video-centric world, which is why Host Ellen Violette’s guest on this episode of The Books Open Doors® Podcast is here to banish our fears around video. Social Media Coach, Andrea Stenberg, founder of The Baby Boomer Entrepreneur, helps clients access the power of tools like TikTok, Instagram Reels and Facebook Live with clever tips that will embolden even the most tongue-tied among us. Afraid that without a huge following your clips are destined to fall flat? Fear not! All you need to do is speak directly to your target audience and provide real, relevant information.
It can be silly or serious, a flash of 15 seconds or more than a minute with a call to action. Viewer engagement will follow. The trick is to strike a balance. The brains behind a marketing campaign that generated $1.3 million in its first year and driver of a Facebook group that grew 361% in just two months, Andrea knows what she’s talking about when it comes to branding generally. But video marketing is a niche all its own, so tune in to learn how to unleash your inner YouTube star or TikTok sensation. Not only will it raise your profile, establish your credentials and drive business. It’s also just plain fun! Andrea is challenging us: Why delay? Venture out into the video universe today!
Ready to unlock Andrea’s insider secrets and how-tos for generating compelling content ? Click here to get started making magnetic live videos!
Why write a book? It boosts credibility, heightens exposure and opens doors. You can get started today by booking a consultation with Ellen here.
“The trick (with successful videos) is you want to have a really short message – a really short point that you want to make. Then you can expand on it in the caption.”
“It’s a bit of the Wild West, but Reels really do get a lot of engagement (and) Instagram is intentionally pushing them.”
“There’s a big slew of women in their 50’s and above doing interesting things on TikTok … and they’re not necessarily trying to go viral. They’re just staying in their own little circle and doing really well with it because they’re sharing content that speaks to their audience. And that’s really the key.”
“People don’t hear your message until they need it, so you don’t need to repeat it over and over. The trick is finding that nice balance, where you’re giving value.”
“The biggest thing with video is that a lot of people are really reluctant and I always say, ‘The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll get better at it.’ ”
- About how Andrea leverages online video to help coaches and other entrepreneurs increase visibility, establish their credentials and increase sales.
- Video ads can be quite a bit cheaper to run than traditional ads.
- Reels on FB and Instagram (a close cousin to TikTok) are very short-burst, tightly scripted videos. Think haiku, not a novel!
- About Captions: They are now generated automatically but – warning – the process is not seamless. It’s worth double-checking your post.
- Instagram is pushing Reels currently, because of the high levels of user engagement and retention. More clicks, more time spent on their platform!
- Resist Analysis Paralysis: Small business owners and authors don’t have to do anything catchy or viral. It’s enough to share a quick, fun, informative message.
- It’s possible to cross-post Reels among various platforms (including TikTok, Insta and FB) but be familiar with some of the limitations and publishing tools that can help.
- You needn’t be young or a viral sensation. Viewers will click if you and your content speak directly to them. Be authentic, and focused!
- Andrea’s Top Tips for Optimal Viewer Engagement:
- Be Consistent in both frequency and messaging.
- Straying once in a while can also be surprising and enlivening!
- Think of it as a conversation, intimate and real.
- Establish trust over time through nuanced content that’s entertaining and informative.
- Issue calls to action – not every time (which may come off as too salesy) but often enough that viewers are aware of your service or product.
- Strike a balance: Reels are a powerful marketing tool even when they’re designed specifically as a
- Live videos are also a great vehicle for deepening connections by introducing more dimension and conversation.
- The difference between Reels and Stories:
- Reels are more discoverable, for people who don’t know you.
- Stories are generally seen by people who know and follow you.
- Andrea shares tricks for teasing Reels and promoting posts or appearances:
- Links can be embedded on Insta, but don’t overdo. The algorithm won’t like it.
- You can, however, provide links via DM without consequence. And it’s one step closer to an actual conversation.
- Repurpose clips as an appetizer to drive viewers towards longer videos.
- Still feeling reluctant? Andrea urges: Just plunge in! Practice makes perfect and the tools are getting better every day. Video is sharper, faster and easier than ever to produce!
- Tips for First-Timers:
- Try starting out with a live video. All you need to do is push the “go live” button!
- Remember: Because you’re not very experienced, you’re also not going to be in front of a large audience of followers. So relax! It’s all practice.
- Once comfortable, start spreading the word among your social media channels prior to going live. People will show up!
- If a video goes really well, consider spending a bit of money to turn it into an ad.
- Investing even $10 on an ad can generate1,000 viewers, so money well spent!
Ellen is a multiple #1 bestselling author, 3X award-winning book and business coach, including being named a Top 20 Book Boach of 2022 by CoachFoundation, host of The Books Open Doors® Podcast, CEO of Create a Splash/Books Open Doors® Author Services and Grammy-nominated songwriter. She works with high-achieving trainers, coaches, founders and speakers who want to write, publish, launch a book to #1 bestseller and use their book to RISE to the top of their niche! Her company also offers book marketing support. Her mission is to make the world a better place, one book at a time by helping experts get more credibility, make a bigger impact, open doors to unlimited opportunities, make more money and leave a lasting legacy.
Follow Ellen and Books Open Doors®:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts and comments:
- Join us in our Facebook Group!
- Share this show on social media!
To help out the show: